Hello Lovely Readers~
Welcome to our September Beauty Drawer post! We can’t wait to share some new products that we are loving. Also, if you want to read more about our tried and true favorites, make sure to check out our “beauty drawer” page.
We love fall and winter - they are just “our months” when it comes to beauty and style. Maybe it’s our dark hair and very fair skin, but our favorite makeup and clothes just seem to be more fun during the cooler months. In light of this, we are highlighting some new products that we have tested out that are fab!
Urban Decay Naked Skin Finishing Powder (we use naked light):
- We just picked this up last week, as we already love using the coordinating foundation. The UD foundation is what we wear day-to-day when we want makeup staying powder and a full-coverage look. This powder blends easily with a demi-matte finish that provides a natural look. We also like that it’s oil-free and hasn’t caused any skin breakouts.
Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Airbrush Foundation/Airbuki Bamboo brush (we use fair honey):
- A talc-free, 12 hour medium, coverage powder foundation. This foundation is great for the weekends or day-to-day if you are in a hurry. While it does have good coverage, we still use primer and concealer with it. We found that it does not emphasize pores as the original bare minerals products could do (not to be confused with the new Ready foundation, we do like it a lot as well).
- A 12-hr smoothing eye shadow primer that helps shadow last! We also like that this product is paraben free.
Bare Mineral Marvelous Moxie Lip Color in Live It Up (the perfect cherry red color):
- As you readers know, we have had a love affair with this lipstick since it came out a few months back. We were looking for a natural alternative to drugstore colors that we have used in the past. The pigment and moisturizing ability are great, and it’s not drying. But, you must use a lip liner for optimum results, especially when wearing the brighter colors.
-This liner is great for making the eyes appear more awake and less red.
Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Waterproof Concealer (we use fair):
- This is a fabulous waterproof, full-coverage concealer that has buildable coverage. We also like that it comes in a very fair shade that matches our complexion perfectly.
Happy make-up shopping!